Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Survey: How do you take care of your fingernails? (gender doesn't matter)?

Do you paint your nails? Why? Guys, have you painted your nails in the past? Do you currently? Why?





This is for a class, I am doing a paper on the cultural and gender basis of nail care. Give me any information you see as relevant, even if you never do more than cut your nails.Survey: How do you take care of your fingernails? (gender doesn't matter)?
I keep my nails trim and shapely [or I try to, rather, lol] with a nail fail or emory board. I rarely, if ever, use clippers because if I keep them filed down, I don't need to cut them. I prefer to have longer nails, so I only file them down to shape them, not make them shorter.


I love to paint my nails as well. I like to use a clear white colour; it shimmers and looks dainty. I rarely use solid colours because I feel like they cover up my nail and hides what I've worked hard on.





I do this because I'm taking good care of my nails and it makes me feel accomplished that I'm keeping my nails healthy.


Also, when I make them look pretty, I feel pretty, and it boosts my confidence.Survey: How do you take care of your fingernails? (gender doesn't matter)?
I wash my nails while in the shower or casually washing hands, just a quick scrub. Painting them every now and then. I cut them every 2-3 weeks once they're long and I end up poking myself or others :(.





Oh I do it because having dirt under my nails makes me feel dirty and it makes people think you don't really take care of yourself. And it looks bettter clean lol.
Keep them moisturized.


Vaseline has a hand lotion that makes your nails grow stronger.
I'm a dude...i have never painted my nails. I pretty much just started using nail clippers. I used to chop them with scissors or bite them down. Both are bad habits.
  • kawasaki
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment