Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fingernail Care?

I have nice natural nails with beautiful long luscious fingers. When manicured and painted they are a vision of loviness. Problem I have though is that they crack. They crack at the skin part so 1) It hurts and 2) You do not have uniform nails so it's either cut all your nails and start again or just leave it and hope that people aren't talking about the uneven nails.





My question is this... What can I do to my nails to get them to stop cracking so easy? I've tried this hot lotion treatment and that doesn't help. Is there anything out there that someone could recommend to help me with this problem?Fingernail Care?
sally hansen nail hardner. can purchase from most good salons and grocery stores. it has worked wonders for me, i have awesome long gorgeous nails and they never have cracked or broken and my hands are in water a lot as i am a nurse (and mum) so constantly washing my hands!


good luck


xxFingernail Care?
lol, I have the same problem, very hard nails. However, I don't worry about them growing, it's really not a good thing to have long nails when you're gonna be throwing saddles around and picking horse hooves.....so I keep them cut, and they grow so stinkin' fast I have to trim them every couple days or so...





I have heard of this treatment that you put a cream on them then wear gloves over night, not sure of the name, but i heard it was good....
Fro, a serious Q from you?????





Sister, I can't help you, as I have the same problem (without the luscious fingers!)....so I'll be coming back to check the answers.





You could just become a lady of leisure, you know, so you don't ever have to worry about breaking a nail.....or stop typing so hard on the keyboard......haven't you taught that monkey to type yet????





Always
I use both Prostrong nail care - Biofusion nail grafting serum (weekly) and Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail and Cuticle Oil (daily).
I use that liquid bandage stuff. It isn't a perfect answer, but it sure does help repair. I have the same problem. I think it is from the alcohol skin sanitizer we have to use at work.
Maybe you could give your luscious fingers a rest by typing with your, oh so cute nose for a while?
super glue. I know it sounds crazy, but as soon as you see one start to crack, put some super glue to it and it should hold together.
Use nail glue to bond it together until it grows out.
Sorry Fro, sounds like a fungal infection . Get an antifungal cream and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment