Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Caring for fingernails...?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nails/W鈥?/a>





I've been biting my nails all my life, but have recently managed to stop (about 4 months now!)





However I was checking out the website above, to get an idea on how to care for my nails now. And noticed I don't have Lunula's on my nails(see diagram on website).....is this something to be concerned about, or is it normal because of my nail biting or w/e?Caring for fingernails...?
i don't really think there's somthin to b worried about... ask ur mom about it or a dermatologist to check it out np gd luckCaring for fingernails...?
i don't think you should be worried as i have a lunula on my thumbs and not on any of my other fingers. if you are Even more worried about it then i suggest that you should visit your Doctor to see what he says.
almost everyone has got the lunula visible, nothing to be concerned about..but as your nails grow longer and healthier (since you stopped nail biting) the lunula becomes less and less visible
You have Lunula's on your nails. You cant see them because you have not taken care of your nails. In short they are called the, half moon. That is also the shape of them.





All you have to do is push back your cuticles, and keep them pushed back, regularly. You can even cut the cuticles off, with cuticle clippers, or you can use plain nail clippers. These clippers are sold at beauty supply stores, drug stores, and department stores, in the cosmetic sections. Also you can buy cuticle removers, and cuticle softeners, that you apply to the cuticles. Once you get the cuticles under control they are easy to maintain.





I'm glad you quit biting your nails. There is all sorts of yucky stuff under your nails!
Lunula exists ( as I heard ) because of loss of calcium , heard once peeps talking about this girl who had plenty , so they were like '; man , u gotta lotta loss ';





so , maybe its coz of the calcium maybe not , check it out online i think u'll get the reason ..
yes this is someting to be concerned about i suggest you get nail strengthiner so your nails will be stronger and nicer .


(ps.try to keep up with the habit of Non biting your nails)
  • kawasaki
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment